running

running

Sunday, April 21, 2013

a run for Boston

I haven't had a whole lot to say this week in the wake of what happened on Monday.  It's been an emotional and intense week that I was happy to see come to an end.

Tomorrow, thanks to the incredible idea from Pavement Runner, over 100 cities will gather together and run for Boston.  I wanted so badly to be able to do something to support those effected by this horrific event.  So, following Pavement Runner's lead, I organized a run in my town of Milford, NH.

Tomorrow we will run "to unite and show our strength, for those that were unable to finish, for those that may never run again, and for us to try and make sense of the tragedy that has forever changed something we love."



I hope everyone has been finding ways to heal and move forward.  Seeing all the efforts of support and people coming together to get through this has been truly amazing.  In the words of David Ortiz, "this is our fucking city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Say strong." 


No comments:

Post a Comment