running

running

Monday, July 1, 2013

Favorites and First 5k

This past weekend was super busy, so I didn't have time to post my runday favorites.  I decided to do my long run on Saturday because I had plans for Saturday night that included staying up late and having multiple drinks.  Friday nights I am usually wiped from working a 12 hr day, so I thought it'd be best to stay home Friday night and get up early Saturday to run and then be able to enjoy myself Saturday night.  So that's what I did.

For the first time since I ran my first marathon in 2007, I brought Gu with me on my run.  I want to start experimenting now so when marathon number two comes around in October I'll be a pro at what my body can and can't handle.  It's been so long since I've used Gu that I had forgotten what it tasted like and was slightly nervous about trying it again.  I bought a few different flavors and brought vanilla with me on Saturday.  Surprisingly, it turned out to be a runday favorite.  The texture was a little strange, and it was thicker than I remembered, thankfully I had water with me to wash it down.  But I thought the flavor tasted like vanilla cake batter...yum!  I took it around mile 8 and it gave me a nice pick me up for the remaining 5 miles.  I was dreading trying these again, but now I'm kind of excited to try the others I bought. 
  
other "treats" to try
Another runday favorite was the new sneakers I ordered on Thursday that showed up on my doorstep on Friday!  Free overnight shipping?!  Thank you, Zappos!  I am hooked on Mizuno Wave Rider 16.  I've always been a loyal Mizuno runner and have tried a few different models, but recently I've returned to the Wave Riders and absolutely love them! 

so pretty 
In race news, I am running my very first 5k on Thursday, July 4th.  I'm scared.  I think it will be fun, but I'm nervous to pop my 5k cherry.  I've also heard/read more than once that 5k's are brutal and not well liked.  BUT I guess I should decide that for myself.  I'm really curious and figured I had to try one eventually.  Who knows, maybe I'll love it!  Or maybe I won't live through it.  

go easy on me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment