running

running

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Runday Favorites

I did my long run this week on Saturday instead of Sunday because it fit in to my schedule better.  I set my alarm for 5am to try to beat the heat even though I knew it wasn't going to be possible.  I set out for 14 (hilly) miles just after 6am.  For the first 7 miles or so I felt pretty good.  It was hot and humid but I was able to stay mostly in the shade, which helped.  Once the temperatures started to rise and the sun continued to come up I started struggling.  I took some Gu around mile 8, which helped for a bit, but eventually the heat won.  I struggled through the last 4 miles.  I'm not even sure how much of it I actually ran and how much I walked.  I was desperate for water and I could feel my body temp rising to an uncomfortable degree.  It sucked.

The run was brutal, but the views were anything but.  My schedule called for a hilly run, so I ran up some big hills.  The climb is obviously tough, but once you get to the top it's usually worth it.  Today was no different.  Once I started to struggle and my pace slowed way down, I did the best I could to enjoy the run and the scenery.

That brings me to this week's runday favorites:



Everything is so peaceful at 6am 





So much corn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment