running

running

Thursday, June 20, 2013

vacation

I'm very sad to say this is the last day of my mini vacation.  No, I didn't travel or go anywhere tropical.  However, I did spend 2 nights in a glamorous Red Roof Inn after 2 full days of tailgating and seeing my favorite band.  Since then it's been mostly relaxation and catch up.

Saturday the boyfriend and I drove down to Mass early afternoon for the first night of Dave Matthews.  We couldn't check in to the hotel until 3, but we wanted to stop by and drop off some stuff we wouldn't need while BBQing.  So we planned to get there right at 3 and then head over to the venue to ensure ample tailgating time.  Thanks to no traffic, we made it to the hotel right at 3, threw our bags in our room, and were on our way.

here we come! 

one of my favorite things
We set up shop in the parking lot with a few chairs, a cooler, and a grill with TONS of food.  Tailgating essentials, of course.  After consuming more than enough drinks and food it was time to head in to the show.  We had awesome tickets right up front in the general admission area.  It was perfect.  The rest of the night was spent dancing and singing like crazy.

oh hey there, Dave!


The second day was spent doing pretty much the same as the first.  We lounged around the hotel for a while, then met up with some friends and headed over to the parking lot.  More drinks, food, and tailgating.  Our seats the second night were further away, but it really doesn't matter to me.  When Dave Matthews comes around I just can't say no.  


It's always tough going back home after two fun days of treating my body like crap.  It helps though knowing you have the next 4 days off to recover!  When we got back on Monday we went and played golf.  I'm not a golfer, but I have fun trying...with the exception of a couple horrible shots that make me want to toss the golf club in the woods.  Since then I haven't done much but continue to eat and drink too much.  I guess that's what vacations are for, right?  I haven't been able to take a paid vacation in a very long time.  Not working > working even if you're just hanging around at home. 

something I see everyday,
but while on vacation it looks even more beautiful
Tuesday I was VERY ready to go for a run.  On the schedule was a tempo run.  15 min w.u. 3-4 mile tempo @ marathon pace +10sec, 15 min c.d.  I always struggle with tempo runs.  This one was was no exception, most likely due to the whole drinking and eating my face off all weekend.  


Yeah, I'm sorry body...I promise to start treating you better.  My stomach has been angry with me since getting back on Monday.  Someday I'll learn my lesson...I hope.  

Wednesday's run was 40min easy.  After that I spent the day catching up on homework and enjoying the day on the porch.  It was beautiful. 

Not taken yesterday,
but I spent most of the day in a similar position 
Today's run is 40-50 min easy.  As for the rest of the day, I have to try to finish my homework and then I may head over to my mom's house.  I got this email from her yesterday: 

"I wanted to let you know that the pool is officially open!!" 


I mean...what's a true vacation without at least one trip to a pool?!   

No comments:

Post a Comment