Half marathon is 3 days away. Since I have been training like never before, I am also feeling the effects of the taper like never before. Tapering is FUN! Wait, no it's not really. My legs feel like crap on every run, I can't stop stuffing my face with food, and I am feeling some serious anxiety about race day.
race day worries:
1. For the first time I will be staying at someone else's house the night before the race. Kind of crazy...time to branch out more. BUT this is creating major virgin anxiety.
2. I have a very specific routine I do before I run a race. It's nothing crazy, coffee, eat, read social media sites to clear my mind, etc. Sorry if I wake everyone up super early to get all this in. Race starts at 7!
3. I have a hard enough time sleeping in my own bed. How the hell will I get sleep on an air mattress?
4. Small Boston apartment + 7 people = tight squeeze...oh and there's only 1 bathroom.
5. Not my own house/bathroom inability to poop. This is perhaps...no wait, definitely is...the BIGGEST anxiety producing fact. Stomach issues?! I got lots of them. It's going to be a loooong 13.1 miles if I can't take care of business before hand. Serious potential problem.
BUT with that being said, I am super excited to run this race on Sunday.
And I've been reassured that poo legs = race ready...so bring it on!