running

running

Friday, August 23, 2013

Bucket List

Lately I've been thinking a lot about things I have always wanted to do or currently want to do and what I need to do to make those things happen.  I'm not happy watching others take advantage of life and great opportunities, while I sit still and twiddle my thumbs.  Life is meant to be lived.  I kind of missed that memo for the first 30 years, but I've got a hold of it now and I'm not letting go.

So, with that I give you...my bucket list.  Some of these things I'd like to do sooner rather than later, and others I'd just like to do as some point in my life.

1.  Travel, live, play in the Pacific Northwest.  I have seen way too many breathtaking pictures, and have read way too many amazing things to not make this happen.  I'd love to visit Washington (Seattle especially...and the Gorge) and then make my way down to Oregon, where I'd like to stay for a while.  Portland, Bend, and Eugene are high on my list...as well as any other place along the coast.

Beautiful Seattle

The Gorge Amphitheater, WA

Portland, OR

Bend, OR

2.  Hot air balloon ride.  This is something I have wanted to do since I was a little kid.  I'm sure I would be scared shitless, but it would be amazing I'm sure.

This flew over my house recently
Someday I'll be in one

3.  Road trip across the country.  I've never sat in a car longer than 8hrs.  I didn't exactly consider it a good time, but I do think driving across the country, with multiple pit stops, would be pretty incredible.  I feel like it's one of the best ways to see as much as you can of the country in one trip.  The biggest question would be, what route to take?

4.  Run the Boston Marathon.  I realize there's no explanation really needed for this one.  But, I have always held the city of Boston close to my heart.  I lived there for a few years, and have never lived more than an hour away from the city.  The Boston Marathon was kind of always a pipe dream of mine.  An accomplishment I didn't think I was capable of achieving.  Now that I am running and racing more, I am starting to believe that elusive qualifying time is within reach.   



5.  Run a race outside of New England.  Every race I have even run has been in NH, MA, or RI.  I guess I don't get out much.  At least as far as racing is concerned.  I've seen a few lists recently of "must do marathons/half marathons," which has made me even more painfully aware of what I'm missing out on.  A few that have caught my eye... (recommendations/reviews are welcome!!)

Chicago Marathon, Chicago IL
Portland Marathon, Portland OR
Missoula Marathon/Half Marathon, Missoula, MT
Eugene Marathon, Eugene OR
Big Sur Marathon, Big Sur CA
Twin Cities Marathon, Minneapolis, MN

6.  Travel outside of the US.  I've been to a few places like Mexico, Aruba, Bermuda.  By outside the US I mean, over an ocean.  There are so many places I would like to go.  A few places I'd REALLY like to travel are Spain, beaches of Thailand, Australia, Italy, Greece, and Ireland.

Thailand.

Side note, next year I will be traveling to South Korea.  My brother was adopted from South Korea and is ready to go visit.  It's an opportunity I could not pass up and am so excited to go.  So, technically I will be able to cross travel outside of the US off the bucket list...but I would also like to visit a few of the places listed above someday.    

7.  Go to Hawaii.  Need I saw more? 

gorgeous.

8.  Fly a plane.  Another one that would probably scare me shitless, but I think it would probably be one of the coolest things ever.

9.  Go skydiving.  Again, see above. 



10.  See the Red Sox play in Camden Yards.  I thought I was going to get to cross this one off this year, but it didn't end up working out.  I love the Red Sox and I love Fenway Park, but I'd love to see them play somewhere else as well and I've heard nothing but great things about Camden.



There's so many more things that I would love to see and do...but I'd say this is a good start.  Time to start working on it I'd say!

What's on your bucket list?

1 comment:

  1. What a great list :) Learning to run, and learning to enjoy it -- Is on my list. I found your blog through Sweat Pink while looking for local sweat pink Ambassadors. Not many of you up in the North Country of NH.

    ReplyDelete