running

running

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014, a pretty damn good year

In just a few hours, we'll be saying good bye to yet another year. It blows my mind thinking about how fast 2014 went by. There were many highs this past year, and a few lows. But overall, 2014 was a pretty damn good year. 

Highs 

One of my favorite experiences of 2014 was Ragnar Cape Cod in May. This was the first time I had done a Ragnar Relay, and definitely won't be the last. I walked away from that weekend with so many great memories and ever better, so many great friends. 

some of the best teammates a girl could ask for



Another unforgettable experience in 2014 was going to South Korea. I got to see and do so many different things I never could have imagined. I also successfully kept up with marathon training while in South Korea.


long run along the Haan River

2014 was also the year that I became a member of the Oiselle Volee Team!! Sometimes I still can't believe it. I am honored to be among so many incredibly talented women. I'll never forgot that phone call with team manager, Kristin, when I accepted the offer to be on the team. I also can't forget the jumping and dancing around my apartment that followed. I have met so many new friends and teammates over the past year and I am so grateful for every one of them. 

Team meet up before the NYC marathon

steamy fall 5k...honored to wear this singlet

A few other favorite 2014 memories in no particular order: 

moving to Boston in June
being a maid of honor in my best friend's wedding in July
a new 10k PR at the BAA 10k in June
a new half marathon PR at the Smuttynose Rockfest Half in October
trips to NYC and Philly with wonderful teammates and friends 

so much fun in NY spectating the NYC marathon

take me back <3

Lows

The Vermont City Marathon. While I love VT, and the marathon itself was beautiful, my personal experience was not. Instead of crossing the finish line under 4hrs, I crossed the finish line well over that and found myself in the med tent. It was a very scary moment for me, and one that I hope to never experience again.

My very first DNF at the Philadelphia Marathon. While my actual experience in Philly was one of my favorites of 2014, the DNF was not. Not the best year for marathons for me obviously. 


so thankful I had these ladies to help me through the disappointment in Philly

I learned a lot about myself this past year and I had the opportunity to do and see so many incredible things. I'm looking forward to a new year and the clean slate that comes with it. I have new goals, a new plan, a new coach, and wonderful people to continue this journey with. 2015, I'm coming for ya!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment